Saturday, September 19, 2009

Break, heart, I prithee break heart and bleed

(conflated texts)

spiraling in an outward -
i think i've been here before;
this all looks too familiar and
i've heard this one too many times

[why is the measure of love loss?]

i think i have been here before
and i think i know you
i've heard this one too many times:
no, it's not you, it's me.

["why is it that the most unoriginal thing we can say to one another is still the thing we long to hear?"]

i think i do know you -
you're the one with the teeth...
no, it's not you, it's me;
no, of course, strangers.

[oh! I love you, well, because! Because you're the very best! Of everything!]

you're the one with the ... teeth?!?
oh! the stories i have to share!
of course, i share them with strangers,
breaking silences, hearts.

[counting your teeth with my tongue, I repeat: you are]

oh, the stories i have to share;
repeating my life for strangers,
breaking promises, hearts,
telling myself again, and again.

[a love story: I love you]

repeating my life for strangers,
this looks all too familiar
telling myself again and again. again
spiraling in an outward -

No comments: