Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gaudete, gaudete!

Read Lorrie Moore's Anagrams yesterday. Oh, how heartbreakingly sad. Very, very good and very, very sad. I wonder what the relationship is between reading the book and telling Boy that I feel like he is something of a stranger to me. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

Gaudete, gaudete!

500 words today without even really trying. I incorporated my edits and clarified some things. If I read tonight and also tomorrow, I should be able to write more Thursday and Friday. Having a full draft by the end of the month might actually be possible. I might actually be a Ph.D candidate shortly and then graduate and leave.

Gaudete, gaudete!

It is lovely to get together with friends before the holidays! My calendar has been filling up and that does make me smile. Generosity is particularly poignant and beautiful when the air is chilly and the ground is frozen. A warm intoxicating drink and a fire even more sustaining.

Gaudete, gaudete!

Gaudete, gaudete! Christus est natus
ex Maria virgine gaudete!

No comments: