Friday, January 8, 2010

In the words of the prophet Isaiah. Revised.

With a new semester beginning on Monday, Philosophotarian has much to do!

1. Finish review of that biography of Mme. Chiang Kai-Shek. This would be easier if the book were better written, better organized, better explained .... um, better in general. At least the pictures are interesting

2. Ladies' brunch on Sunday. I will try out that recipe floating around for yeast-free, cottage cheese dough (vile-sounding, isn't it??) cinnamon rolls, which can be found either here or here. The pictures just look so lovely, and what could be more brunch-y than a communal pan of warm, straight from the oven cinnamon rolls?

3. Mattress shopping. Yay! and Ugh! My current mattress sags so deeply in the middle, and has so many springs poking at me in that detestably irresistible middle, that sleep eludes me until about 2 hours before my alarm tries (and fails) to rouse me into waking life.

Comfort me. Comfort me, my bedding. I will speak me comfortably to my aching back and tell her her warfare is accomplished. Every valley shall be exalted and every mountain and hill made low; the crooked straight and the rough places made plain. And the glory of a heavenly sleep shall be revealed unto me and all flesh shall feel it together.

No comments: